A comment on a previous post suggested what our Government ought to be doing – acting swiftly. If I may take the liberty of expanding the comment.
I should have replied straight away but without reading any news I could have written the progress of the response as follows:
Not necessarily in this order, but kind of like this….
1. Outright condemnation of this terrible act – and it is.
2. The news will investigate / report on possible links to Terror organisations.
3. Interviews with as many ‘experts’ as possible.
4. Interview friends / neighbours / family / teachers etc of the killers.
5. Members of the Government will be invited to appear on TV / Radio.
6. Muslim organisations will be invited to condemn it.
7. Government will deny links to Islam.
8. Government will condemn these ‘un-Islamic’ attacks.
8. Radicalisation took place through extremist fundamentalist ‘un-Islamic’ terror groups.
Something like that anyway. And it started in earnest last night on BBC Question Time.
Islam is a religion of peace.
Just to be clear, I am in no way suggesting all Muslims are Terrorists or would even want to be. Thankfully, most Muslims are inconsistent with their own Prophet. The point is this, the propensity for violence (violent Jihad) is inherent in Islam. This is what really needs to be discussed. But it won’t be, because the Government has already made the commitment to Islam.